“If eyes are the windows to our souls, then windows are the eyes of our homes and stores.” Rose Tarlow
Understanding how to remove window Chalker is not for when a child is curious about using those new chalk markers and decides to test them on a window at home. That’s for sure a possibility, but in this article, I’m focusing on businesses that need sparkling windows, but sometimes are willing to use those windows as a front board, for clear messages to the public. A lot of places in Boston and Cambridge have used this method over the year, but as you might be asking… am I going to need a commercial window cleaning company in order to clean my glass every time, after writing on them? The answer is not necessarily.
Liquid Chalk Markers
We’re not experts in Chalk markers, but we do know that the most used type is the liquid chalks. They were designed for glass surfaces and can be easily wiped off using a damp cloth. They are dustless and do not create any smearing, streaking, smudging, and mess.
But these characteristics do not apply to all kinds of liquid chalks. The good news is that either water-based or an oil-based marker will be erasable or washable. The challenge is that both are resistant to water, which can sometimes be a little trickier to deal with.
The Process to Remove Liquid Chalkers
- The first step can also and easily be the last depending on how much ink was used. Use a wet cloth, and if not efficient it will reveal if extra steps are needed.
- If wet cloth isn’t enough, the second step is to use water and soap. Not just water, not just soap, water and soap!
- Warm water in this case is better. If the chalk is water-based, this alone will clean the window, and no other steps are required.
- If the chalk is oil-based, you have two alternatives for clearing up any residue. Acetone and Lubricant are also used for this purpose; apply a thin layer using a cloth.
- For dried ink, you can use a scraper if in hand, but use it while the glass is wet and smooth because of the soap. Using it with a dry surface can easily scratch the glass.
- A non-scratch sponge can carefully be used in the process. Never too hard on a specific area, even with a non-scratch sponge. Forcing too much can still scratch the surface.
- To use acetone, first ensure that the location is properly vented, then put on rubber gloves. Rubbing acetone into the chalk with a dry towel should dissolve it immediately.
Consider The Type of Glass
Cleaning your windows is not the scariest thing, and could definitely be done by anyone. But having your windows cleaned professionally, will definitely make a difference.
A-Z Cleaning also offers commercial window cleaning services in MA. Get in touch of us today for recurring special prices for your business.
Window cleaning is a crucial aspect of maintaining a clean and presentable home, and it’s a task best left to professional window cleaners. These experts
Window cleaning is an important part of keeping your business looking its best. It can be a difficult task to keep up with, but it is crucial for the appearance of your property. Not only does commercial cleaning make your building look nicer, but it also helps improve the air quality indoors.
In this blog post, we will discuss what commercial window cleaning is and why your business needs it!